Monday, August 3, 2009

RTK Training Log - 08/03/09 - "Light" Day

Light day is for the Viking Push Press (VPP) and front raise snatches.

Warm-up with a quick 200 reps rope jumping to get the blood flowing, then squats/halos/pumps for 4 rounds.

Using two 16 kg kettlebells, I snatched them to lockout and did two VPPs. I parked them, waited about 20 seconds, then got 4 reps for my second rung.

After resting for 20 seconds again, snatch them up again, and get 6 reps for my third rung. Rest for 1 minute.

Last week I did 3 ladders as per the program recommendations. However the weight was moving smoothly, so I went for all 5 ladders today with 2,4,6 rep rungs.

After finishing the Viking Push Presses, I rested for a few minutes and set up one of my 16 kg bells for front raise snatches.

I started on the right side and got 20 reps, then switched to the left side and got 20 more. Rest for 1 minute then 20 and 20 again.

That's it! Light day in a nutshell. A set of 20 Janda sit-ups and stretching and that's all until tomorrow.

No comments: